Acroname makes the most amazing USB hubs known to humankind! And we make a lot of them. We are looking for folks to help test and assemble our products.
We also make manufacturing test equipment and other cool electronics, but we really make a lot of hubs. We do all the testing and the final assembly in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Now, Acroname needs another Production Technician to help us keep up with all the increased demand.
This role involves various tasks consisting of unboxing product, organizing your work area, performing functional tests of our printed circuit board assemblies, classifying failures, and completing the final assemblies. You’ll work with other team members including our production manager, product engineers, and our sales and shipping staff to ensure that we have enough product to meet customer demand.
The right candidate for this job will have one of the following:
- 3+ years of experience in product assembly
- 3+ years of experience in functional testing
- 3+ years of experience in consumer electronic manufacturing
Beyond and above, the candidate should feel comfortable and adept:
- With basic computer skills
- Lifting and carrying around boxes up to 35 lbs.
- Using hand tools in the final assembly process
- Recognizing failure modes and reading test results
- Distinguishing different colors of lights during product test to determine pass/fail results
- Understanding instructions (both written and spoken)
- Communicating failures to our production and engineering staff
- Handling PCBAs (Printed Circuit Board Assemblies) and observing ESD guidelines like how to protect the electronics from static electricity (we will provide equipment and instruction, of course!)
- Recognizing test equipment failures and communicating issues to production management
- College degree is preferable. High school degree with relevant work experience is acceptable
- We’re looking for the right person to join our team, perfect our production processes, and stick around as we continue to grow the business
- Physically fit in order to move inventory around
- Seriously, we are looking for someone who really loves production and assembly and has made a career out of it
- Willingness to jump in and solve any problem
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires speed, accuracy, and efficiency
- Willingness to work on-site even in COVID and follow local restrictions which currently include wearing a mask indoors. Most of our employees work from home during this time but this job requires being on-site
- Health conscious, and this applies to social distancing in particular during COVID
- The few of us who do work on-site are diligent about wearing masks and staying six feet apart. You will need to do the same
- Knowing how to solder is a real plus
- Enjoys throughing tires to get a good workout. Some inbound and outbound shipments weigh up to 35 lbs per box and consists of multiple boxes. You'll need to help move these in and out of spaces.
- Has built your own bicycle from scratch. If you’ve done this you’ll be able to easily assemble our products
- Knows enough about computers to be dangerous to yourself and those around you
- Organizes your kitchen cabinets based on snacks, breakfast goods, baking essential, and perishable dinner options. We like our production area neat and tidy when we go home each day
- Speed, accuracy, and efficiency are important
- Has an eye for perfection. We pride ourselves on shipping the highest quality products. Even minor blemishes don’t get shipped
If you become our Production Technician, you will be doing a lot of testing of electronics and would work on the final assembly of hubs and other electronics - making them into a final product that will go on our shelves and then be shipped to our customers.
There are also times when you will help out with inventory management, or with kitting.
You will need to be able to work quickly, identify and troubleshoot any problems, and suggest improvements to procedure. You’ll need a lot of attention to detail and really good motor skills. You will need to keep the space clean, put away tools and tidy up. And of course, you’ll need the ability to work independently to meet a production schedule and get along well with other people on the team.
Acroname is a fun and fast paced work environment and though we work extremely hard, we are always up for a good laugh or taking the time to hear a good story. We would prefer someone with experience working on an electronics assembly line, and someone who both enjoys and excels at making physical things. Bonus points if you’re good with a soldering iron and have experience soldering SMT components.
Acroname has been around for decades, we’re not a startup. We are a small successful friendly company with an exciting product lineup. Check out Acroname hubs on our homepage. Maybe you’ll be the one that can say…I built that!
Job Type: Part-time or Full-Time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour