Acroname is expanding our engineering team, and is looking to hire an experienced engineer with a GTD attitude. Acroname continually interacts with some of the biggest and best consumer electronics manufacturers in the world. These customers trust and rely on Acroname's expertise in delivering robust world class products with clean and logical APIs. Our hardware is a key piece of the ecosystem used to produce tools to solve complex automation problems in manufacturing test automation, motion control, robotics research and distributed control systems. Our tools enable engineers to solve their problems without having to reinvent the lowest levels.
The Production Test Engineer role requires a seasoned engineer who can navigate effortlessly through mechanical, electrical and informational challenges that would put MacGyver to shame. If this begins to describe you, keep reading.
- honed problem solving skills
- creates CAD models with the snap of fingers or mouse and keyboard
- strong aptitude for debugging the unknown and known
- values procedure processes and will create when lacking
- digests a body of work and starts from what's there
- recognizes the not-invented-here syndrome, but has been previously inoculated against it
- recognizes the not-invented-by-me syndrome, but has been previously inoculated against it
- experience with modern software development and continuous integration tools (e.g. git, gitlab, etc.)
What you'll do:
- join and be a significant contributing member of our engineering team
- perform failure analysis of printed circuit board assemblies
- design and develop mechanical fixtures and products in CAD
- build and maintain mechanical fixtures in real life
- maintain and develop internal software and tools
- support Bash, Python, C, C++ application code written in multiple IDE environments and/or multiple OS's
- develop and document interfaces and protocols
- work on automation projects for external customers
- Other degrees acceptable with relevant work experience
- willingness to jump in and solve any problem
- extremely self-driven, but knows when to ask questions
- shares the view that a company's documentation speaks volumes of their products
- sense of humor, we only do this because we want to
- must be a US citizen (sorry. we work on US government contracts, so no options here.)
- can point out electrical schematic errors
- can point out and fix mechanical drawings errors
- SQL (postgreSQL) systems administration
- takes it apart before your turn it on
- intentionally falls out of fast moving objects like planes
- climb 5.13 or throws tires at people who do
- has an opinion on barefoot running
- rebuilt your whole house because you wanted to buy the tools
- swears mud-splattered pants is “business casual”
What You'll Get:
- moderated glory
- full benefits (and an RTD bus pass)
- salary (pretty novel, eh.)
- potential stock grants
Who: Acroname, Inc.
What: awesome engineer for awesome products
When: immediate and permanent
Why: because you're awesome, we're awesome and together our products will be awesome
Where: Boulder, CO or nearest WiFi access point (remote)
How: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
More About Acroname:
For over 25 years, Acroname has been designing, manufacturing and distributing custom hardware products used to test some of the world's most popular consumer devices. We are expanding our product offerings in the test automation space as well as other automation engineering markets. We make those same systems available to individual consumers and researchers. All of our customers count on the reliability, massive scalability and agility our products bring to their systems. The hardware, software, firmware and great documentation is instrumental in this trust, and we're looking to expand our engineering team.
While we take our products and customer needs seriously, we are a small and uniquely Boulder business. All of our coworkers have lives outside of work, and we pride ourselves on not taking things too seriously. Not to say we don't work hard; there are serious crunch times.
As a engineer at Acroname, you'll join a small, quick moving team building tools based on decades of experience; think of us as a really old start-up. You get freedom to move things where you think they should go, while not having to start from nothing. Your weekly work will include maintaining or extending production test system tools, failure analysis, refining and updating internal and external procedural documentation, designing/supporting/maintaining test fixtures.
We are a small company with a highly energetic work environment; more importantly than matching the skills above, you must fit into the groove of the Acroname-culture.