Acroname is expanding our software team with an experienced software engineer.
Acroname's engineering team is expanding and looking for an experienced software engineer with a GTD attitude. Acroname engineers enable customer success through maintenance and expansion of a wide swath of systems including a webstore (complete with custom 3rd party integrations), internal tools, servers (on-prem and cloud-hosted), web-based applications, and continuous integration systems.
Acroname Software Engineers must take a system-level development approach to understand complex automation and control systems, web-based UI applications, SQL database support, develop high-level C++ and Python applications, maintain software build systems, write documentation, and support customers. If this begins to describe you, keep reading.
- hard-wired muscle memory in any particular IDE/environment
- but you aren't tied to a particular development environment or religion
- reads source code and starts from what's there
- uses RESTFul APIs but argues most are just CRUD
- experience with modern security practices in web applications
- expert with TypeScript
- can develop GUIs with Qt and MS VisualStudio
- knows when to utilize or reject a software framework
- dangerous on a linux command line (zsh users need not apply (or do!))
- writes maintainable and cross-platform C, C++ and Python
- experience with modern software development tools (e.g. git, gitlab, gtest, etc.)
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- join and be a significant contributing member of our software team
- develop customer-facing applications showcasing our products
- develop Docker containers for deploying server applications to customers
- work with clients to accomplish their software project goals
- develop and document interfaces and protocols
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Other degrees acceptable with relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of production programming experience
- if you just graduated college, this job isn't for you
- seriously, this is not an entry level position
- willingness to jump in and solve any problem
- extremely self-driven, but knows when to ask questions
- understands that sometimes the customer just wants a better horse
- sense of humor - we only do this because we want to
- a wicked cool vimrc file
- or remapped modifier key to relieve Emacs pinky
- thinks 26.2 is just a warm-up
- swears mud-splattered pants is business casual
- SQL (postgreSQL) database administration
- familiarity with web technologies including TypeScript, HTML, CSS
- Drupal experience
- customer site support experience
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- moderated glory
- full benefits (and an RTD bus pass)
- 401(k), dental, health insurance, HSA, paid time off, vision
- potential stock and option grants
Who: Acroname, Inc.
What: awesome software for awesome products
When: immediate and permanent
Why: because you're awesome, we're awesome and together our products will be awesome
Where: Boulder, CO (Local candidates strongly preferred; relocation not paid)
How: Send your resume to email@example.com
MORE ABOUT ACRONAME:
While we take our products and customer needs seriously, we are a small and uniquely Boulder business. All of our coworkers have lives outside of work, and we pride ourselves on not taking things too seriously. We work hard; there are serious crunch times.
As a software engineer at Acroname, you'll join a small, quick moving team building tools based on decades of experience; think of us as a really old start-up without all the venture capital noise. You get freedom to move things where you think they should go, while not having to start from nothing. Your weekly work will include software projects such as web applications, devOps deployments, adding features to embedded firmware, extending and documenting our protocols, maintaining or extending operational tools, writing GUI applications to demo products to our customers, holding our customer's hands in integrating our products into their systems, optimizing our production test software, consulting on new product hardware designs, working with the team to architect new product embedded firmware, improving our VM compiler, arguing over vi vs emacs vs vim vs Xcode. Or just waiting for Xcode to restart since it just crashed, again.
Acroname is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, orientations, religions, and individuals with disabilities.